Insider Tips from Francis Toumbakaris
2. ATTEND ALL THE SUMMER ART FAIRS AND FLEA MARKETS.
They are filled with treasures.
3. CREATE VIGNETTES ON COFFEE TABLE AND CONSOLE TABLES.
Include a mixture of vases and interesting objects. Not all vases need flowers in the them in a collection, but some for sure.
4. THE BEST LIGHTING IN A HOME DOESN’T HAVE TO COME FROM THE CEILING.
Cove hide lights are much more flattering lighting in an interior.
5. IF YOU HAVE SMALLER ROOMS IN THE HOUSE, GIVE THEM SOME CHARACTER.
Paint them a darker / moody color. Or, choose a very bold wallpaper.
6. A MONOCHROMATIC PALETTE CREATES WONDERFUL EFFECTS.
It’s also very easy to alter the mood by changing very few accents in it.
7. COLLECT ITEMS THAT YOU LOVE.
A house should be filled with things that make you happy. There is always a way to make them work together.
11. SELECT ACCESSORIES SAME WAY YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE GOING SHOPPING FOR NEW JEWELRY OR TIES.
Home accessories are there to complement existing decor.
12. ORGANIZE A PARTY.
It will force you to finish that decor that’s taking you forever to complete. 🙂
13. IF YOU DON’T HAVE TIME OR UNSURE WHAT TO DO, WORK WITH A DESIGN PROFESSIONAL.
We are here to make vague ideas take real shape.
14. HIDE TECHNOLOGY WHEN YOU CAN.
If every room has to have a TV, we don’t have to see it.
15. HAVE FUN WITH IT.
And, when you go shopping, right before you check out, remove one or two items from your cart